At SAAS, we are committed to being inclusive, engaging the community early, and enabling people to have a say in the development of its ambulance service.
Through innovation and engagement, we aim to evolve our services to meet the changing needs of the community to achieve the best possible health outcomes.
We aim to provide services that are responsive, flexible, sustainable, high quality and patient-focused. We value positive contributions from consumers and the community in contributing to improvements in our health service quality, equity and management.
Our Consumer and Community Advisory Committee provides the SAAS Executive Management Team with advice from a consumer perspective regarding services and needs, and helps us to develop appropriate mechanisms for consumer input and subsequent service innovation.
- CACAC Terms of Reference
- CACAC Code of Conduct
- CACAC and Governance Committees – Confidentiality Agreement
- Sitting fees and reimbursement for external individuals policy directive – SA Health
- Sitting fees and reimbursements FAQ
- HSCSS Directive Charter of Health Care Rights – SA Health
- Guide for Engaging Consumers and Community – SA Health
- SAAS Consumer representative training handbook
- SAAS CACAC Strategic Priorities 2020-2023
We also have consumers present on our SAAS Governance committees:
- Finance Committee
- Service Delivery Committee
- Clinical Governance Committee x 2 (approvals and risks).